Pages

It's easier to be an asshole these days

You know how these days Facebook has become a huge part of our lives. According to malaysiacrunch.com, "We have around 800,000 active users as of December 16, 2008, in which 45% of them are male, 51% female and 4% unstated."

The most recent update of Malaysians in Facebook is from http://www.internetworldstats.com/asia.htm "13,589,520 Facebook subscribers on Dec 31, 2012, 46.6% penetration".

I think there are 15 million Internet users in Malaysia now. More and more people are immersing themselves on social media and getting connected to their friends, office mates and families. Pages for business, companies and personalities are being created each day. 

Heck, I have 2 facebook accounts for work and private matters. It used to drive me crazy that I have to do this and that for the organization that I work with. But these days, it's just a matter of doing what feels right at the time. I just removed several facebook friends and add them to my other account. Some barely comments on my facebook so I don't think we should continue this facefriendship anymore, some don't even talk to me when we see each other in public.

I used to wake up in the middle of the night just to answer Facebook messages which are sent to my inbox. This was way before smart phones costing rm500 existed. And I am administrator to several pages... sigh.I should stop going online at home now, my baby is learning to recognize things and refer them by a specific name. So I better spend time teaching him.

Anyway, I think it is easier to be an asshole these days when you are on facebook. Especially those who rant to anonymous people on their Facebook pages. Altough you are referring the status to yourself, other people will treat them as if you are talking to them directly. It doesn't help that people are tuning on to Facebook using their mobile phones which is a totally personal gadget.

I am an a**hole on Facebook when it comes to grammar. Just now I read an ex schoolmate's caption "The thing I have to face at home now" showing a picture of her older son riding her baby son, they were only a year apart. A girl/woman comments "things? They are human not things". I just feel like faceplaming myself.

I was an asshole in Facebook groups too especially the "Mama's Milk Support Group", I can't name the group here but it's one of the popular ones. Anyway, I love to quash the mommies who are over the top about breastfeeding that they feel formula is scum, evil and unnecessary. There are some formula feeding mamas who are a bunch of too sensitive bunch too there, so sometimes they fight and I'll be like fanning their rage there. Haha, I know that I can be a dick too, even if I don't have one. (Actual I used to have one, when my baby was in me, bad joke. :P)

Well, I try to be more friendly and less assholey these days. I have other things to do to hang around those groups anymore. Sometimes seeing the same person hogging the timeline ain't fun too, but just click hide and they will all disappear. 

Well time is here. I dreamt of writing a super long entry today but hey it's time to go home now. Will blab more later.

0 comments:

hELLO

hELLO
:D

Followers