Pages

My Penang visit

Hi, I just got back from Penang. I had to swing by the office for some work. Anyway while my files are uploading here's some instagrams from Penang.

On Monday, my boss asked if someone wants to go to a course in Penang. Originally my office mate got the letter but she took a year of unpaid leave following some family matter. So I grabbed this oppurtunity, it isn't everyday that we go to Malacca right.

The course is titled 'How To Attract Listeners and Viewers.' I thought it was about how to produce programs or something. But it was actually how to use social media to attract your viewers. We were shown facebook marketing, twitter, trends and hashtags. We also got a lesson on how to use Youtube.

Cyberwar?

The lecturer said an organization should appoint a media social admin who will oversee the media social every moment of the day. Any tweets should be answered within 2 minutes. We are nowhere near that capacity yet, as all the administrators are on voluntary basis.





Today at 10 am. After the certificate giving ceremony we were unleashed into the Penang. Some were talking about buying jeruk or fermented food which is what Penang is famous for. So we headed to a jeruk shop which was a street opposite from a PDRM building. We stayed at Hotel Royal Penang, the hotel was good and the food very delicious.



While going to and from the jeruk shop, I had some opportunity to capture the essence of Penang. 


Such cute houses, in between the shophouses.
Mr Leong I too would want to stay here.



I don't know what this building is.
But very old school.



There are lots of old buildings. Some were left derelict unfortunately.
But the refurbished ones are sights to behold.



The sky was a beautifully dotted with white cottony cloud.
Instagram could only take square pics. Am not sure if there's a rectangle format these days.


Pasar Chowrasta, next time I am going to vidit you.


Penang is also known for its Street Art.
The jeruk shop sold some cute street art postcards.
Each is 50 cents so I grabbed 10 with different pictures on it.
Three of  the postcards bear this art of little girl and boy on a bicycle.
The boy reminded me so much of my baby.

Mika!




Green building.


I had a good time at Penang. Apart from collecting knowledge I also had the chance to eat, eat and eat.


I also got the chance to read a collection of short stories by Khairulnizam Bakeri while on the bus.
It was a 6 hour ride from KL, including two half hour stops on the way. So after sleeping like 2 hours I read the novel on and off. Since it is a collection of short stories, I had no problem with continuity.
But it sure feel good to hold a novel.


On the way back they handed everyone a boxful of kuih. There's this palm sized murtabak.
Yummy! Murtabak is a pastry with shredded beef, eggs and onion in it.

1 comments:

DrSam said...

Penang is such a jewel in the North. Old and derelict buildings become a good subject four photo geeks and historians alike. UNESCO recognition to them...they deserve it.

hELLO

hELLO
:D

Followers