Pages

Meme: Save Yvonne's Sight

Ellen of Katztales (click lerrr) tagged me with a meme. I have never done a meme but I'll give it a try here.

This meme is to help and spread awareness about a young lady named Yvonne Foong. Ellen wrote that Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). You can show your support and help by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com.

You can also help by sending on this meme. If you do, please follow these meme rules:
1. Create a blog entry titled "Meme: Save Yvonne's Sight"
2. List three things you love to see. Add in the picture of Yvonne's book cover. The URL is http://www.yvonnefoong.com/images/banner/my-story.jpg
3. End with the line, "Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com.
4. Tag 5 blog friends. Be sure to copy the rules, OK?
5. If you have a Facebook account, please check out my new invention, a "feme" pronounced FEEM, a meme designed for Facebook here. And if you want to blog about NF, that would be great too!


The three things I love to see best:
1. My sweet boyfriend's smile.
2. My cute friend with the pinchable cheek when she is in a happy mood.

3. Plain drinkable water in a bottle that soothes a dry throat.


The people I'm tagging are:

Azyze in Malaysia.
Yoon See in Malaysia.
Fauzus in Malaysia.
Achik in Malaysia.
Hazrey in Malaysia.


Below is a copied statement from Ellen's - katztales blog. Check the original article here!

Save Yvonne's Sight Meme

23 year old Yvonne Foong has neurofibromatosis (NF), a condition that leaves her riddled with tumours. These tumours have made her deaf. New ones now threaten her sight.

Yvonne lives just down the road from me. I'm starting this meme to help her raise funds and to raise awareness about NF.

Yvonne lives in Malaysia. While doctors there can't help, surgeons in the US at St. Vincent Medical Center treated previous tumours that threatened to blind her. They say they can save her sight this time too. Her operation is scheduled between 1 and 4 December 2009. As Yvonne is uninsured, the problem is $$$.

Surgery price is USD44,000 or RM154,770
Stay for both mom and Yvonne at the hospital for two weeks USD915 or RM3219

She has raised about RM10,000 of this and is hoping to raise the rest by republishing her book "I'm not sick; I'm just a bit unwell" in English and Chinese. The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her web site store. She is also selling T-shirts at bazaars and via her web site store.

You can help by buying from Yvonne's online store at http://www.yvonnefoong.com/store.

More details about her surgery are posted at http://www.yvonnefoong.com/donate. Yvonne blogs regularly at http://www.yvonnefoong.com.

I hope you - who have not bee n tagged could also help Yvonne by spreading this meme to your side of the world. Thank you!

4 comments:

intan izani said...

kite da nengok da blog tu...
kire support la jugak kan...

Hazrey said...

aiseh, kita ni dahlah buta IT, tapi takper, I will do my belly belly best to have a continuity to this tag.

Cheers!

yoon see said...

Thanks for your thoughtfulness and your kind invitation.
OK, I do it later during saturday OK Mizzyn.
My appology to drop by late.
I sleep early yesterday at 10.30pm.
He..He..

Naddy said...

thanks intan izani for your support.

hazrey, silalah buat. saya pun kurang mahir ini meme.

yoon see, no sweat yoon see. nice to see you!
ps: wow you sleep really early. I was up until 1am usually.

hELLO

hELLO
:D

Followers