Pages

Photographer Wannabe

This week I will be attending a digital photography course organized by MARA. I was not keen in joining it because I don't have a digital SLR camera but the woman at the PUSMA counter said any digital camera would do. So, happily I whipped up my RM60 (course fee) and as back up I asked my sister to borrow his husband's Nikon D40.

In the course leaflet it is stated that the course will include a tutorial session, practical session and also a presentation. In addition each participant will be given a certificate at the end of the one day course. This is the beginning to the road to be more photography crazy for me.

All this while for the past five years my photo snapping skills are gleaned from the Internet and also based on what I knew in broadcasting. Five years ago I did learn about photography principles in uni but at that time using the semi-auto SLR and manual SLR was a turn off . Mostly because of the aperture and speed thingies and when you are trying to achieve a 'bokeh' effect but can't preview the results. I was unmotivated at that time and back then I preferred the video camera which comes with preview!

I hope that this course will refresh my knowledge on still photography and provide new insights too. After years of trawling the Internet and asking my photographer friends about this technique and that method I will have a professional's guidance. Like the old sayings go we need to learn things with a teacher for proper direction and not be lost (I think I just made up this saying).

Some of the popular techniques I learned on the field is to take a picture with the sun on your back to avoid shadows on your subjects. Another one is to take pictures after a rainy day because that is when the air is clear from smogs and dust and everything's colours are more pronounced and seems livelier.

I have another day to prepare mentally for the course and of course I must also be armed. so I should call my sister and ask her about the camera. Oh and a last minute off day application for Wednesday.

4 comments:

Lily@MamaZaraZareef said...

Wah..besh tu ade kursus pgraphy. nnti klu ko dh terer leh turun ilmu kt org len plak. hehe

intan izani said...

wah pasni pandai dahla amik gambar mcm pro

Ellen Whyte said...

This sounds like fun! Do tell what you did once you've completed it.

Naddy said...

ok katz!

intan and lily, nak menjadi ala2 pro la harapannya.

hELLO

hELLO
:D

Followers